Monday, December 19, 2011

How do I deal with a molested child?

I recently discovered that my nine-year-old son is being regularly fondled by the priest at my church. This is tremendously disturbing to me, because I am a devout Catholic. At first, I was in an absolute rage. Then, as time ped, I started thinking about how I was going to deal with this. I decided to confront the priest directly. He denied the whole incident, which I should have predicted. I've been thinking about reporting him to the police or to the local media, but I do not want the Catholic Church to have to deal with another scandal like this. What should I do? I'll be honest, at first I wanted to commit an act of violence against him, but then I realized that this whole incident would get reported by the media, and again, I don't want the church to have to go through that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment